What are Mental Health Skill-Building Services (MHSS)?Mental Health Skill-Building Services are goal-directed training services designed to enable adults and adolescents 18 years and older who have significant psychiatric functional limitations achieve independence and maintain stability within the community in the least restrictive, yet appropriate, environment. MHSS are not counseling or therapy services. The services are designed to offer structured training in the following major categories:
- Functional skills
- Appropriate behavior related to the individual’s health and safety
- Activities of daily living
- Using community resources
- Adherence to medication management instructions
- Monitoring health, nutrition, and physical condition
What are Intensive In-Home (IIH) Services?Intensive In-Home services focus on the mental health needs of children and adolescents who are at risk of an out-of-home placement or who are transitioning back home after an out-of-home placement due to the documented clinical needs of the child or teenager. The services provide intensive, time-limited interventions typically, but not solely, provided in the child’s residence. The service includes the following:
- Crisis treatment
- Individual and family counseling
- Service coordination with other required services
- 24-hour emergency response
- Training in communication, problem-solving, anger management and interpersonal skills
How often does U.S. Care meet with clients?
The frequency and length of the services U.S. Care provides is determined by the service provided and the needs of the client.
For the Mental Health Skill-Building service for adults and older adolescents, we typically provide services for a minimum of 3 hours per week, with additional time based on the individual needs of the client, over a period of six months. Services may be reauthorized for additional six-month periods.
For the Intensive In-Home service for children and adolescents, we typically provide services for a minimum of 3 hours per week, with additional time based on the individual needs of the client, over a period of three months. Services may be reauthorized for additional three-month periods.
Where do we meet with clients?
Our staff of qualified and licensed mental health professionals visits client homes or can meet with clients at mutually agreed-upon locations for outpatient services or group therapy.
How do you start services?
To start, simply contact us by any of the following methods. We’ll set up an appointment for a clinical assessment, gather the necessary medical records, seek authorization from Virginia Medicaid, and then start services.
- Call our Intake Hotline at 703.544.7188 for the Northern Virginia area or 803.368.6444 for the Central Virginia (Richmond) area.
- email us at email@example.com.
- Fax a completed Client Referral form to 888.978.3802.
What geographic areas does U.S. Care serve?
We serve Northern and Central Virginia. The specific counties and cities we serve are listed below.
Colonial Heights City
Falls Church City
Emporia City County
King George County
New Kent County
Manassas Park City
Prince William County
Prince George County
What methods of payment do we accept?
The table below shows the accepted payment methods for each of our services.
|Accepted Payment Methods||Virginia Medicaid*||Beacon/|
|A. Home and Community-Based Services|
|1. Family Support Services||X||X|
|a. Intensive Family Preservation Services||X||X|
|b. Supervised Visit||X||X|
|i. Supervised Visit Monitored||X||X|
|i. Supervised Visit Therapeutic||X||X|
|2. Intensive In-Home||X||X||X||X|
|3. Mental Health Skill-Building||X||X||X||X|
|B. Outpatient Therapy|
|1. Addition and Recovery Treatment Services (ASAM 1.0)||X||X||X||X||X|
|2. Individual Therapy||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|3. Family Therapy||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|4. Group Therapy||X||X||X||X||X||X|
* Virginia Medicaid Insurers
– Anthem HealthKeepers Plus(CCCP)
– Aetna Better Health of Virginia (CCCP)
– Magellan Complete Care of Viginia (CCCP)
– Magellan Behaviorial Health of Virginia (BHSA)
– Sentara – Optima Health (CCCP)
– UnitedHealthcare – Optum (CCCP)
– Virginia Premier Elite Plus (CCCP-Pending)
** Commercial Insurance
Anthem BlueCross BlueShield
– Professional Provider
– Preferred Professional Provider
– Medicare Advantage
– Medicare Medicaid Dual Integration
– BlueCross BlueShield